April is Women’s Eye Health & Safety Awareness Month — a time when vision specialists across the U.S. make a special point to educate women about the steps they can take today to help preserve vision in the future.
At the office of IC Laser Eye Care, your eye health is our top priority. Our highly-trained professionals are experts in performing the vision tests necessary to evaluate the condition of your eyes. Regular screenings will help us identify signs of trouble early on — when it’s most treatable.
Fact: Women are at higher risk than men for most eye diseases including age-related macular degeneration, cataracts and glaucoma. Although there are no cures for these diseases, many of the effects may be lessened through early detection and treatment. Yet another fact is that one in four women had not received an eye exam in the past two years.
Healthy vision is something many people often take for granted until it starts to slip away. We want to encourage women to put themselves on a path toward a lifetime of healthy vision by making an appointment for a dilated eye exam today.
What you can do to help protect your vision:
- quit smoking
- take supplements (as approved by a medical professional)
- learn of any family history of eye disease
- be aware of possible vision changes during pregnancy
- get a full, dialated eye exam if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant and have been diagnosed with diabetes
- wear UV-blocking sunglasses and a brimmed hat outdoors
- avoid getting cosmetics into the eye
- insert contact lenses correctly
The time is now!
At the office of IC Laser Eye Care, we believe that regular eye exams and patient education are the keys to good vision health that can last a lifetime. For more information about our services, give us a call today.
By IC Laser Eye Care
April 1, 2020